Friday, December 20, 2013

Tears...

These days I am lost for words...
Today I found this short meditation from Chiara Lubich about Jesus weeping. 
It fits what I am going through these days so well: 
validating the pain and 'allowing' me to cry 
as well as consoling me and redirecting my gaze 
away from myself and towards God who is Love even in the darkest hour... 

(I did my best to find an English version of this meditation 
but I didn't succeed - so for now, the italian version will have to suffice...)


E "Gesu scoppio in pianto...
profondamente commosso".
Sono parole del Vangelo. 
Gesu, il tuo pianto! 
Oh come ci consola il tuo pianto!
In esso ritroviamo il nostro;
esso ci garantisce, che hai pieta di noi, 
del nostro pianto, 
perche l'hai sperimentato.
Dove vedi lacrime, vedi Te.
E Tu, il Sicuro, l'Eterno, 
l'Immutabile, la Beatitudine, 
hai provato nella tua anima umana il turbamento. 
Grazie, Gesu, 
della tua Passione e Morte, 
ma anche di questi brevi episodi, 
che ti fanno sentire tanto vicino a noi
in ogni esitazione dell'anima, 
in ogni agitazione. 
Quando noi siamo cosi, ti ricordiamo,
e Tu ti rivedi in noi
e continui la tua passione 
nelle tue membra, 
per la salvezza di tutti. 
(Pasqua 2004, Chiara Lubich) 



Note: 
I found this beautiful post called 'Jesus wept
on a very cool blog called Eyebeleave by Irene Niravalambana

I especially love when Irene paraphrases Pope Francis and writes:
"Pope Francis takes the importance of tears one step further, 
by likening them to lenses through which we recognize Jesus"
And at the very end Irene writes: 
"Tears, when faced with suffering either of another or even of oneself, 
are not signs of weakness, but expressions of sincere, heartfelt love" 




No comments:

Post a Comment